At Star Shield, we are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data. Personal Data refers to data about an individual or organisation that can be identified from that data, in whatever form. This includes information such as name, age, telephone number or email address. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Where do we collect your personal data?
Star Shield collects information from you when you register or activate a warranty plan, place an order or enter information on our website.
How do we use your personal data?
Star Shield may use the information we collect from you, for the following purposes but not limited to.
- Allow us to serve you better;
- Enable your use of the services available on Star Shield website;
- Send you general (non-marketing) communications via e-mail;
- Facilitate our operations process;
- Verify your particulars for any warranty claims;
- Inform you about our repair services;
- Perform on-site collection and return of covered equipment;
- Conduct investigations related to fraud or falsifying of information;
- Obtain information for marketing purposes, including (but not limited to) offers, promotions and information about new goods and services via the following channels: e-mail, text message or telephone call; and
- Any other purposes directly related to the above.
Star Shield will ensure that we only send you messages that we think will be of interest to you. For instance; the details of special offers and information about new products and services.
How do we protect your personal data?
Star Shield will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and whom are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. Ensuring that your personal data is safe is very important to Star Shield.
Withdrawing your content
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to email@example.com or by post to 89 Science Park Drive, #01-10 The Rutherford Lobby C, Singapore 118261, attention to the Data Opt-out Team.