Apple’s new iPhone 14’s are the most durable ever. But that doesn’t mean you don’t have to think about protecting them. In fact, you should!
Let’s start with the basics — are your phone screens made of glass?
Glass is a great material for screens because it’s strong and scratch-resistant. It’s also the most popular screen material among smartphones. The iPhone 14 has a glass screen made of Ceramic Shield Glass, which is considered to be one of the toughest around at this time. But if you’re worried about your phone getting damaged from everyday wear and tear, don’t worry! You can still protect your phone without sacrificing its sleek design with a thin layer of protection that covers its surface in case something falls on it or if you accidentally drop it.
Is there any difference between iPhone 14 glass and other phone manufacturers?
While iPhone 14 glass is made of Ceramic Shield Glass, other phone manufacturers use different types of glass. Some manufacturers make their phone screens out of plastic, which is cheaper than sapphire but also less durable and scratch-resistant than the premium material used in iPhones. Other phones are made with sapphire. This material is the strongest and most scratch-resistant of them all, but it’s more expensive than its competitors because it takes more effort to produce—so you don’t see it on older models or budget devices from Samsung or Huawei (for example).
How do you protect an iPhone screen?
How do you protect your iPhone screen? There are several options:
- Use a screen protector. The slimmest option, this thin plastic film is designed to keep your glass from shattering when dropped or banged against other objects. They’re cheap, easy-to-apply (as long as you get the right one) and come in many colors, textures and finishes that can change how your phone looks. But they don’t offer much protection from drops or dings—and can even make it harder to swipe across the screen because they create friction between your finger and device.
- Use a case. This is by far the most popular way for people to safeguard their phones against damage—but there are so many styles out there that it can be hard to know where to start! You could go with something super simple like an Otterbox commuter case ($60) or opt for something more eye-catching like an Incipio NGP Crystal Bumper ($35). If you want something with more flare but still offers protection against drops and bumps, we suggest trying out a clear TPU case from Spigen like their Ultra Thin Fit Series Crystal Clear Case ($13).
- Don’t use either option at all! While some people choose not to take any precautions whatsoever with their iPhone 14s—and we don’t blame them—we strongly advise against this approach if yours came preinstalled with an inferior display panel that isn’t up par with other high-end devices on the market right now (such as Samsung’s Galaxy S16 series).
- Lastly, why not have a combination of all! You can use a transparent phone case so that you can still admire the newly purchase iPhone together with a tempered glass screen protector to protect your screen from cracks and scratches and a warranty that covers 1 time free screen replacement (an original manufacturer screen) all in one. The best part is that you can get this combo at only $19!
Do screen protectors really work?
You’ve probably heard that screen protectors aren’t effective. But the truth is, not all screen protectors are created equal. Screen protectors can be made of glass or plastic and come in a variety of shapes, sizes and shades. Some screen protectors are designed to work with cases while others can be used without one.
Some people also like to use anti-glare properties on their phones because they let you use your device in bright light without being blinded by reflections off the display. If you’re going for a matte finish, then opt for a protector that doesn’t have anti-glare properties as it will get dirty quickly from fingerprints and dust particles landing on it throughout the day.
Why do you have to pay so much for privacy or anti-glare screen protectors?
When it comes to screen protectors, the main difference between anti-glare and privacy is the material used. Anti-glare uses a plastic film while privacy is made from glass.
The way you can tell whether a screen protector is made of glass or plastic is by touching it with your finger—if it feels like glass, then you know that it’s going to be more durable and easier to apply than one made from plastic.
The reason why many people prefer anti-glare over privacy (or vice versa) has nothing to do with how effective each type of screen protector is at protecting their iPhone’s displays—it all boils down to personal preference. Some people just don’t want others in close proximity to be able to see what they’re doing on their phones while others prefer not using any kind of cover because they think that there’s no point in doing so if they aren’t buying an expensive phone case or cover.
Are thicker screen protectors better than thin ones?
While thicker screen protectors may be more durable, they can also be a bit more difficult to apply. The main difference between thin and thick screen protectors is how much of the image you see on your iPhone’s display and how sensitive your phone can remain with your finger swiping it every now and then.
A thin glass protector will have a 0.4mm thickness (about 1/32 of an inch). It will cover your entire screen and provide protection against scratches, nicks, dings, and other everyday wear-and-tear damage that might come from putting your phone in your pocket or purse.
A thick tempered glass protector has a thickness of about 0.7mm (1/32″), which means it covers less of the display than a thinner one does because it needs enough room to attach itself properly without affecting touchscreen responsiveness or quality—but if this is what you’re looking for in an iPhone 14 case then we recommend checking out some other options instead!
Will a screen protector stop my iPhone from cracking if I drop it?
If you’re wondering if a screen protector will stop your phone from cracking if you drop it, the answer is no. Screen protectors are not designed to absorb impact, and will not prevent the glass from shattering when hit by an object or surface. They do help prevent scratches though, so there’s that!
Do all iPhone models have the same size screens? What about different sizes of iPhones like Plus, Pro and Max?
iPhone screens come in three flavours:
- iPhone Plus (5.5-inch)
- iPhone Pro (6.5-inch)
- iPhone Max (6.7-inch)
Should I put a screen protector on my new iPhone 14 or wait a while?
If you’re planning to buy a new iPhone 14 and have no interest in buying a screen protector, then don’t. But if you do want to buy one, it’s not too late. You can still go ahead with your plans to get an iPhone 14 and put on the protective cover before you do so. However, if you want to wait for a bit and see how things shake out before making any decisions about whether or not to get a screen protector for your new iPhone 14, then that’s perfectly fine too! But just be sure to protect it really well as you do not want a $1,500 purchase to go wrong in the first week of purchase! On top of just getting a cover for like $30 and a screen protector for another $20, why not just get a combo set plus a free screen replacement warranty at just $19.90?
Does it matter what kind of case I use if I have a screen protector on the front of my iPhone 14 too?
First, the case is a good idea, but it’s not necessary. The iPhone 14’s glass screen is durable and resistant to scratches and cracking. If you do get a case for your iPhone 14, make sure that it’s thin and light; easy to put on and take off; has a raised edge around the screen (to keep it from directly contacting surfaces); and has a good grip so that you can hold onto your phone without dropping it.
How do I get dust, dirt and lint off my new iPhone 14 screen protector before I put it on my phone?
There are many ways to get dust, dirt, and lint off your iPhone 14 screen protector before you put it on your phone. Here are some tips:
- Use the microfiber cloth that comes with the screen protector. This is by far the easiest way to get rid of dust, dirt, and lint. You probably already have one at home!
- Use a lint roller to pick up any remaining bits of dust or hair after using the microfiber cloth.
- Use tape if there’s leftover dirt that won’t come off no matter what you try (the tape will stick right to it). Just be careful not to scratch up your screen while removing it!
- *Don’t touch your new iPhone 14 screen protector with dirty hands!
How do you clean your already applied iPhone 14 screen protector without scratching it?
To clean your already applied iPhone 14 screen protector without scratching it, use a soft cloth to gently wipe away dust, dirt and lint. A microfiber cloth is great for this task since it won’t leave any residue. You should also be able to use a damp cloth if you don’t have any microfiber available.
When cleaning fingerprints from the screen protector itself, try not to use anything that could scratch it or cause any damage whatsoever. If you’re dealing with oily fingerprints on your screen protector (like after eating greasy food or playing games), then a soft damp cloth will work best for getting rid of those pesky marks!
The iPhone 14 is more durable than ever but adding a great protective glass shield is still a good idea.
It’s true that the iPhone 14 has some incredible new durability features, but it’s still a good idea to add a screen protector.
Screen protectors are available in many different styles and materials. Some are better than others, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs.
The iPhone 14 is arguably the most durable phone on the market today. It’s also one of the most expensive. So if you’re going to spend $1,500+ on a new device (or more), it makes sense to protect your investment! There are several ways to do this, including getting an iPhone case or a screen protector but why not just do it all with a free warranty for a one time screen replacement in one at just $19.90?